Fellowship Trained Orthopedic Surgeon
- Ben D. Curtis, MD – Cottonwood Heights/West Jordan
- Ben Williams, MD – Salt Lake City Central/Sandy
- Alex J. Ferikes, MD – Layton/Lehi
Fellowship Trained Hand-Plastic Surgeon
- J. Douglas Burrows, MD – West Valley City
Non Surgical Orthopedics
Our clinics offer comprehensive care of the hand and upper extremity. We understand how incapacitating a hand, wrist or elbow injury can be. Some are caused by a single traumatic event, while others may be the result of a repetitive activity (such as typing), or a degenerative condition such as arthritis. Our goal is to get you back to work and play as quickly as possible.
Our general orthopedic surgeons manage many hand and upper arm issues. In addition, we have three fellowship trained hand and upper extremity specialists in our practices. Many hand and upper arm conditions can be treated with non-surgical approaches such as therapy, injections, and medications. Most surgical procedures are minimally invasive and performed on an outpatient basis, without a hospital stay.
Carpal Tunnel Injury affects thousands of Utahans, with more cases being reported every year. Because it is so easy to acquire this repetitive strain injury, it is critical to know how to prevent it. Education is the first step along with discovering the source of the strain. Our staff will work with you to diagnose and evaluate your symptoms in order to find the best treatment option for your specific case.
You don’t have to live with the pain of carpal tunnel, other nerve damage, or deformity caused by arthritis. Many are surprised at how many options are available -both surgical and non-surgical. You will also benefit from shorter hospital visits and a quicker recovery than you every thought possible.
- Nerve compression syndromes – carpal tunnel and cubital tunnel
- Acute sports tendon injuries, tendonitis, lacerations, sprains and tennis elbow
- Biceps Tendinopathy
- Fractures (simple or complex)
- Trigger finger
- Skin tumors of the hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder
- Pediatric and congenital conditions of the hand
- Severed nerves
- Ganglion cysts
- Mallet finger
Specialized procedures performed:
- Endoscopic carpal and cubital tunnel release
- Arthroscopic surgery of wrist, elbow, shoulder
- Ganglion cyst removal and trigger finger release
- De Quervain’s release
- Total joint replacement of wrist, elbow, shoulder
- Implant arthroplasty for thumb arthritis
- Complex elbow reconstruction
- Pediatric hand reconstruction
- Microsurgery for nerve and vessel repair
- Skin grafting and tissue transfer